Pursuant to the implementation of a Movement Control Order (“MCO”) by the Malaysian Government for the period from 18th March 2020 until 14th April 2020 (“the said Period”), all government and private offices and businesses, save for essential services, are required to close their office premises.
Filing of applications and documents
- It would not be possible for any application or document which needs to be filed manually including applications under the Madrid Protocol and the lodgement of voluntary notifications of copyright.
- The filing of applications and documents electronically via MyIPO’s IP Online platform, however, may continue as usual.
Deadlines, hearings and certification of documents
- Manual filing of applications which involve claiming of priority date falling within the said Period will be extended to the first day on which the MCO is lifted.
- Deadlines for payment of annuity (if manual filing is required) or renewal fees have been extended to the first day on which the MCO is lifted.
- Deadlines to respond to any office action issued by MyIPO has been extended to 30th April 2020.
- Hearings which has been scheduled during the said Period has been vacated.
- All programs, seminars, workshops and other activities will be rescheduled.
- Certification of documents by MyIPO will not be available during the said Period.
We are attending to clients’ matters and instructions as promptly as we could in the circumstances. As part of our Firm’s Business Continuity Plan (BCP), all our partners and lawyers are working from home and may be contacted at their respective email addresses and mobile phones.
Please feel free to contact us should you need any clarification or assistance.
Managing Partner and Head, IP