This department provides services pertaining to the formation and administration of companies and business entities, and their compliance with laws. We advise on and assist in the incorporation of companies, conversion of status of companies to or from private and public companies and registration of foreign companies or branches.
The scope of support includes:
- drafting, reviewing and amending memorandum and articles of association;
- preparation of incorporation and registration forms;
- liaising with the authorities, conducting company searches at the Companies Commission and submitting applications for reservation of names;
- further recurrent processes of maintenance of statutory records;
- filing of statutory forms with the Companies Commission;
- preparation of notices for convening meetings, minutes of meetings and drafting of resolutions;
- attendance at board and general meetings;
- advice generally on compliance with relevant legislation and guidelines of supervisory bodies.
“Established team, well placed to handle M&A and joint ventures for domestic and international clients. Regularly advises on restructuring, compliance and registration issues. The corporate practice is supplemented by a strong banking and finance offering.” – Chambers Asia-Pacific (2017).