Shook Lin & Bok is pleased to announce the launch of its new Department which is spearheading the Firm’s Regulatory Compliance and Enforcement Practice. As one of the oldest firms in Malaysia, the Firm has a long-standing reputation in serving its corporate clients by advising them in many aspects of compliance and governance matters.
The launch of the new Department sets another milestone for the Firm as the Firm is looking at providing more comprehensive legal services in a more structured and focused manner to its clients. The Department, jointly headed by Jal Othman and Yoong Sin Min will oversee the full spectrum of compliance matters in respect of the laws and regulations enforced in Malaysia including, but not limited to the following areas:
- Anti-money laundering;
- Banking and finance;
- Data protection and data privacy;
- Environmental, sustainability and governance;
- Health and safety;
- International trade;
- Price control and anti-profiteering;
- Product liability;
- Public procurement; and
This move is seen as crucial taking into account that compliance risk has become of the most significant concerns for businesses regardless of their size and forms. The Department consists of highly experienced lawyers including a former government agency enforcer is ever ready to provide quality, pragmatic and practical advice to the Firm’s corporate clients in designing a workable framework for them to comply with the relevant laws and regulations. The Department also offers technical support to its clients by managing the legal risks that the clients are exposed to.
In addition, the other legal services that the Department is also able to offer include:
- Application for permits and licenses;
- Advisory works;
- Compliance due diligence;
- Engagement with the authorities;
- Formulation of compliance programmes and policies;
- Identification of comprehensive legal risk assessments;
- Litigation and dispute resolution services;
- Review of documents, policies, guidelines and structures; and
- Training and induction workshops.
If you have any queries or would like to know how the Firm may be able to assist you in respect of regulatory compliance, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us
|Yoong Sin Min