Our lawyers handle a wide range of family matters. We provide practical solutions with the aim of minimising acrimonious litigation to resolve disputes in the best interests of the children and for the protection of family obligations.
We provide legal representation to clients in areas such as, divorce, judicial separation, adoption, annulment proceedings, maintenance for spouse and children, division/distribution of matrimonial property, custody disputes and settlement agreements. In addition to this, we have handled cases involving the unilateral conversion of minors in matrimonial disputes.
We advise in all matters related to the administration of estates of deceased persons, including:
- preparing petitions to the High Court for the issuance of grants of probate or letters of administration;
- resealing of grants of probate and administration obtained from any part of the Commonwealth or granted by British Courts in a foreign country;
- providing assistance in obtaining administration in respect of small estates;
- rendering advice to executors and administrators of estates in relation to their duties in law;
- facilitating the distribution of assets to beneficiaries;
- handling disputes related to contested wills/probate.
We frequently advise clients in complex and high-profile probate matters which include disputes on challenges to the validity of wills, construction of wills, advising beneficiaries for an account and inspection of documents, acting for beneficiaries in the removal of trustees.
We have acted and provided legal representation to wealthy families on inheritance issues as well as executors, administrators, family members, beneficiaries and in contentious and non-contentious probate, trust and estate matters which may span multiple jurisdictions.
Apart from the above, we provide advisory work relating to the preparation of Wills for assets situated locally and/or overseas.
We provide practical solutions with the aim of minimising acrimonious litigation to resolve disputes in the best interests of the children and for the protection of family obligations.
We have advised clients in Malaysia and abroad on the establishment of family trusts, charitable trusts and foundations. In addition, we advise clients in matters involving issues of constructive and resulting trusts.