Shook Lin & Bok’s work includes joint ventures, and sale and purchase agreements for office and commercial buildings, as well as land development and residential projects. The firm’s real estate, commercial and conveyancing department, which includes key figure Khong Mei Lin.
– Legal 500 Asia Pacific 
The conveyancing department represents clients in transaction related to:
- sale and purchase of movable properties and landed properties;
- joint venture agreements over real estate;
- tenancies and leases of shopping and commercial complexes, high rise office and residential buildings and other real estate;
- Government concessions;
- documentation relating to privatisation for land development;
- distributorship and licensing transactions;
- employment and management contracts;
- contracts for the sale and supply of goods;
- documents and applications in respect of government approvals and licences for foreign acquisition of assets and interests in Malaysia.
- business joint ventures, land development, privatisation, concession agreements, private law and estate planning, drafting and advice on Wills.
“Shook Lin & Bok is many banks and financial institutions’ preferred choice for large loan, financings and complex matter.” – Asialaw Profiles (2017)
“Shook Lin & Bok’s team ‘provides practical, thorough advice’. The firm advised major Malaysian financial institutions on high-value project and real estate development financings. Khong Mei Lin leads on loan and debt restructuring, and Jalalullail Othman has responsibility for Islamic finance. “ – Legal500 Asia-Pacific (2017)
“Long-established and respected firm, equally well versed in the handling of conventional, Islamic and debt capital markets mandates. Regularly acts for domestic banks on a range of debt restructuring, loan facility and project finance matters, notably including those utilising Shari’a-compliant structures.” – Chambers Asia-Pacific (2017)